* Discuss reasons why evidence-based practice is gaining importance at this time
* Define evidence-based practice
* List the five major steps that make up the implementation of evidence-based practice.
* Identify the barriers to using evidence-based practice
* Describe strategies to overcome the identified barriers
* Discuss how all clinical professions can use evidence-based practice
* Provide a brief history of integrating evidence-based practice in radiology
* Identify ethical aspects that need to be considered when using evidence-based practice.
* List the steps to take to initiate the implementation of evidence-based practice
* Provide three reasons why clinicians should ‘bother’ with evidence-based practice.
Joann C. Wilcox, RN, MSN, LNC is a Legal Nurse Consultant, author and Healthcare Educator who has held positions of Vice-President of Patient Care Services, Clinical Risk Manager, Patient Safety Officer, Patient Privacy Officer and Joint Commission Survey Coordinator in various acute care organizations. In addition to consulting, she is currently a faculty member at the University of Phoenix-Online.
Ms. Wilcox is a member of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, the American Nurses Association and the American Association of Nurse Executives as well as a member of several organizations focused on improvement of patient safety in our healthcare systems. She has authored books and provided multiple educational seminars at sites across the United States on issues related to Patient Safety, the Reduction of Medical Errors, Preparing for a Joint Commission Survey and Implementation of the HIPAA Privacy Regulations.
Creative Training Solutions has been in business for over 15 years providing, continuing medical education programs onsite, trainers for medical educational conferences, consulting services to hospitals, and self study continuing education programs for immediate CE credits. We offer a wide range of healthcare training programs to enhance patient care and improve organizational productivity. Our professional consulting and training staff have an average of 20+ years of provider-based experience and proven success in resolving organizational, administrative, management, and strategic planning challenges for all types of healthcare facilities. CTS staff have proven track records in preparing organizations for Joint Commission Survey, improving patient care, reducing medical errors, implementing risk management systems to improve patient outcomes, and developing management teams that significantly improve organizational effectiveness.
This series, is sequenced as individual courses to cover the anatomy and physiology of the major systems of the body: Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Hematology, Neurology, Pulmonary, and Renal. Earn 6.5 CE. Special Offer: $80, a savings of $60.For more information, select click here.