This course is a comprehensive, 3 CE course on neuroanatomy and physiology of the brain and skull. The course is designed to provide the participant with a comprehensive overview of the anatomy and physiology in the brain including the medulla oblongata, the cerebellum and the pons, the midbrain, the diencephalon, and the cerebral hemispheres. The course will review the anatomy, physiology, structural characteristics, basic cross-sectional anatomy, and a variety of common diseases and conditions. During the course, you will encounter some interactive exercises to test your knowledge on key points. Illustrations, labeled images, and case studies provide for a comprehensive and interesting way to learn about anatomy and the basic pathology that can affect the brain and skull.
After completion of this tutorial the participant will be able to:
* Name the parts of the central nervous system
* Describe the location, the structure and parts of the brain
* Locate or identify the key structures of the brain
* Name the lobes and describe their basis functions
* Discuss the ventricular system and describe how CSF circulates through the brain
* Identify cranial and facial bones, and their component parts
* Identify the main arterial and venous structures
* Locate or identify the main structures on a cross-sectional image
* Discuss the common pathological conditions and diseases
This series, is sequenced as individual courses to cover the anatomy and physiology of the major systems of the body: Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Hematology, Neurology, Pulmonary, and Renal. Earn 6.5 CE. Special Offer: $80, a savings of $60.For more information, select click here.