* Explain the challenges of managing warfarin therapy.
* Describe the clinical evidence that supports INR self testing.
* Discuss the benefits of INR self testing to practices and to patients.
* Distinguish between patients who are and who are not appropriate candidates for INR self testing.
* Explain the INR self-test process.
Philips Healthcare Learning Center is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15050, for 2.25 Contact Hours.
This program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider No. 50-11991) for 2.0 Contact Hours. CE Broker Course Tracking No. 20-279295
This program has been approved by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses (Provider No. WV2011-0570RN) for 2.25 Contact Hours.
Pam Burgwinkle, MS, NP, CACP is a Certified Anticoagulation Provider, and is currently nurse practitioner and nurse manager for the UMass Memorial Health Care (UMMHC) Anticoagulation Center in Worcester, MA, where she is also a member of the UMMHC anticoagulation task force. She received an MS from the University of Massachusetts in 1997 and a BSN from University of Massachusetts in 1982. Pam is a Board Certified Acute Care APN with a subspecialty in cardiology. She presents both locally and nationally on anticoagulation and patient self testing, and has over 20 years experience in ICU.