Objectives - Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
* Demonstrate how to utilize capnography to monitor ventilation during procedural sedation
* Describe the concepts and common terms associated with capnography, as well as the physiology surrounding this application
* Discuss procedural and deep sedation, how capnography is utilized to monitor both, and why it is integral in the care of the sedated patient
* Discuss current Joint Commission regulations
* Describe common abnormal waveforms associated with sedation and the appropriate interventions
The Philips Healthcare Learning Center is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15050, for 1.75 Contact Hours.
This program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider No. 50-11991) for 1.5 Contact Hours. CE Broker Course Tracking No. 20-288138
This program has been approved by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses (Provider No. WV2011-0570RN) for 1.75 Contact Hours.
Oridion provides life saving solutions for patient monitoring with its cutting edge Microstream® CO2 monitoring and sampling technologies to make patient care safer and easier.
Oridion develops proprietary medical devices and patient interfaces, based on its patented Microstream® technologies, for the enhancement of patient safety through the monitoring of the carbon dioxide (CO2) in a patient’s breath. These products provide effective, proven airway management and are used in various clinical environments, including procedural sedation, pain management, operating rooms, critical care units, post-anesthesia care units, emergency medical services, transport, alternate care and other settings where patients’ ventilation may be compromised and at risk.