• Describe capnography, definition and physiology
• Discuss normal EtCO2 readings and common conditions causing altered values, describing the differences between EtCO2 and PaCO2 with an explanation of ventilation perfusion matching
• Discuss the different capnography technologies
• Discuss capnography monitoring in different hospital environments
• Describe normal and abnormal waveforms
The Philips Healthcare Learning Center is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15050, for 2.0 Contact Hours.
This program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider No. 50-11991) for 1.5 Contact Hours. CE Broker Course Tracking No. 20-288135
This program has been approved by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses (Provider No. WV2011-0570RN) for 2.0 Contact Hours.
Oridion provides life saving solutions for patient monitoring with its cutting edge Microstream® CO2 monitoring and sampling technologies to make patient care safer and easier.
Oridion develops proprietary medical devices and patient interfaces, based on its patented Microstream® technologies, for the enhancement of patient safety through the monitoring of the carbon dioxide (CO2) in a patient’s breath. These products provide effective, proven airway management and are used in various clinical environments, including procedural sedation, pain management, operating rooms, critical care units, post-anesthesia care units, emergency medical services, transport, alternate care and other settings where patients’ ventilation may be compromised and at risk.